A Brit of all trite

History dictates that I should pre-empt the Brit Awards with my predictions of who will win what. I had a 64% strike rate last time  with 7 of the 11 attempted. I was hedging my bets on a few though which I will also repeat this time around.

I should have got around to it before the day of the event, you can be assured that if I rigged it by doing it afterwards I’d get 100% and call myself Nostradamus thereafter.
The truth is that it’s a lottery and I feel a little more out of touch this time around but having made those qualifying remarks I should just get into it.

All the nominees are here and these are my ill-educated guesses:

British Breakthrough Act              

My instinct is for Disclosure but it could go to any of the nominees, London Grammar is a good second shout.

British Female Solo Artist          

I genuinely haven’t a clue, where’s Kate Bush when you need her? I despise Jessie J though so it has to be Ellie Goulding or Laura Mvula.

British Group                           Arctic Monkeys or One Direction

British Male Solo Artist             David Bowie

British Single                           John Newman

International Female Solo Artist               

          How I would love this to be Janelle Monáe, it’s surely going  to be Lorde

International Group                                   Daft Punk

International Male Solo Artist                     Bruno Mars

MasterCard British Album of the Year          David Bowie or Disclosure
 

Time will tell. Put some money on Clean Bandit for next year though.

Comments